Serious Beans n’ Weenies.
You can have Serious Beans n’ Weenies using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Serious Beans n’ Weenies
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 pound of quality hot dogs, sausage, or brats of your fancy adult choice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of large carrot, peeled and roughly diced.
- You need 1 of celery stalk, roughly diced.
- Prepare 1 of large (28 oz) can of sweet baked beans w/ bacon.
- You need of Sauce base.
- You need 1/4 cup of bourbon of choice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coffee of choice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of molasses.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare of Dry seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
Serious Beans n’ Weenies instructions
- Assemble your liquids in a medium sauce pan (get coffee ready first!), combining coffee, bourbon, mustard, molasses, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to simmer over medium heat and reduce, 8-10 minutes or until thick and syrupy. While summering, cook veggies and hot dogs..
- Melt 1 tbsp butter over medium high heat in large pot, then add hot dogs and cook undisturbed, about 3 minutes per side or until beginning to crisp a little..
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and another tbsp butter, and cook, stirring, about 4 minutes or until tender..
- Add 1 tbsp butter, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until all veggies are tender..
- Add thickened sauce base and beans to pot. Bring to full simmer..
- Gradually mix in dry seasoning (chili powder, cayenne, salt, pepper, and mustard powder. When you’re happy with the taste and the sauce is thick enough, divide into bowls and serve!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.