My Cheesy Baked French Cut Green Bean Casserole. Heating the ingredients in the microwave is really an unnecessary step. My Mother-in-law is known for her cheesy baked green bean casserole! Unlike the traditional version, this one is slow roasted which creates a creamy, melt-in-your mouth texture that is unlike any green bean casserole I've ever had.
See recipes for My Cheesy Baked French Cut Green Bean Casserole too. Taste: Green Bean Casserole on steroids. Cheesy Green Bean Casserole with Bacon is bursting with so many mouthwatering Can I use French cut green beans in this recipe instead of regular green beans? You can cook My Cheesy Baked French Cut Green Bean Casserole using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Cheesy Baked French Cut Green Bean Casserole
- You need 1 (48 oz) of package French style cut green beans/thawed OR.
- Prepare 2 (14.5 oz) of cans French style cut green beans/drained.
- It’s 1 (4 oz) of can) sliced button mushrooms, drained.
- It’s 6 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 3 cups of cheese: Mexican Blend, Sharp Cheddar, Colby/Jack.
- It’s 1/2 cup of seasoned bread crumbs (Italian blend).
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
Green bean casserole is a casserole consisting mostly of cooked green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and french fried onions. The added cheese and richer texture of the casserole are a big hit amongst family and friends and is requested at every potluck meal or big family meal by even my youngest ones. Remove cover and top casserole with remainder of Fried Onions and the shredded cheese (use more or less to taste). This Green Bean Casserole is a classic holiday side dish made from scratch!
My Cheesy Baked French Cut Green Bean Casserole instructions
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees..
- In a large stockpot, melt your butter over medium heat and quickly saute your onion and garlic while stirring being careful not to burn..
- Whisk in your flour until no lumps remain, then slowly add your milk and sour cream..
- Season with a little salt and pepper and stir..
- Stir well until the sauce is smooth and slightly bubbling on the sides of the pan..
- Add 2 cups of cheese and stir well..
- Turn off the heat and continue stirring until the cheese is melted and you have a nice, thick sauce..
- Add your thawed green beans or canned green beans and mishrooms to the cheese mixture and stir well to coat. Now add worcestershire sauce and stir well..
- Pour your cheesy green bean mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish and top with the remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs on top..
- Sometimes spray a touch of non stick cooking spray on top of the breadcrumbs to help it brown up..
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until it's golden brown on top and bubbly..
- If it's not as golden as you'd like on top, turn your broiler on medium for 5 minutes and that will do the trick!.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and then serve with your favorite meal! Or have it as a meal..
Fresh green beans tossed with homemade cream of mushroom soup How To Make Green Bean Casserole. Blanch the green beans: The first step is boiling the green beans in water until just starting to become tender. The green bean casserole just levelled up with this one. Use your favorite cut of green beans in this casserole. Cheddar cheese helps to give this a casserole a richness and a gooeyness that other green bean casseroles lack.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.