Ginger Soy Steamed Pompano.
You can have Ginger Soy Steamed Pompano using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ginger Soy Steamed Pompano
- Prepare 1 piece of Pompano Fish.
- Prepare of Water, for steaming.
- You need 1/2 piece of Lemon (optional).
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Ginger, grated.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of Light Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Cooking Wine.
- You need 1 tsp. of White Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of Sesame Oil.
- You need 2 tbsp. of Garlic, toasted.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of Parsley, chopped.
Ginger Soy Steamed Pompano instructions
- PREPARE THE FISH Clean the pompano fish by removing the guts and gills. Scrape off the fine scales. Cut off the fins and tail. Wash under running water (cold water if available). Then, make a diagonal incision along the entire length of the fish – from below the head to just above the tail..
- PREPARE THE SAUCE In a bowl, mix the grated ginger, soy sauce, cooking wine, water, sugar, and sesame oil together..
- STEAM THE FISH Place the fish on an aluminum foil. Pour the sauce over the fish. Top with some parsley (leave some for toppings later). Carefully seal all edges of the foil to form enclosed packets. Steam the fish over briskly boiling water for 30 minutes..
- You can use a steamer cooker but can always improvise if you don't have. Instead, you can use a large deep pan with a rack in it. Fill it with water up to the level of the rack. On top, place the fish dish (heat-proof) or fish in a foil packet and cover with lid..
- OTHER METHOD – TO BAKE: Place the fish on a heat proof plate or in a large baking pan. Pour the sauce over the fish. Top with some parsley (leave some for toppings later). Cover it with aluminum foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 175C for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the foil and bake each side for 5 minutes..
- PLATING When the fish is done, remove from the heat and carefully transfer to a plate including the sauce. Sprinkle with toasted garlic and chopped parsley. Squeeze lemon on top..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.