Seared steak with celery & pepper caponata. Serve lean fillet steak with a rich, Italian-style pepper, olive and caper sauce and wilted spinach. Allow to rest while you wilt the spinach in a covered pan on a low heat. Steak — that's what's on the menu today.
Heat a griddle or small non-stick frying pan. Meanwhile, mix the breadcrumbs, salt, parsley, celery, paprika and slightly beaten egg together. Stir this mixture into the pan containing the butter and onion. You can cook Seared steak with celery & pepper caponata using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seared steak with celery & pepper caponata
- It’s of Steak.
- Prepare 200 grams of extra-lean fillet steaks.
- You need 140 grams of fresh spinach.
- Prepare of Caponata.
- It’s 1 of red onion, halved and sliced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, cut into slivers.
- Prepare 400 grams of can chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of celery sticks, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of orange pepper, deseeded, quartered and sliced.
- It’s 25 grams of pitted black kalamata olives, halved (about 8).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of capers.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano or 1 tbsp fresh.
- You need 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
Sear the rolled steak on all sides in the melted butter. Place the steak in a casserole dish with a cover. Add butter and aromatics – melt in butter with quartered garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs. Roasted Celery Root Steak Cooking Tips.
Seared steak with celery & pepper caponata step by step
- For the caponata, spray a large, wide non-stick pan with 3 sprays of oil, and add the onion and garlic. Cover and cook for 5 mins, stirring halfway through to brown them..
- Tip in the tomatoes and a can of water, then stir in all the other caponata ingredients. Cover the pan and leave to simmer for 30 mins..
- Heat a griddle or small non-stick frying pan. Generously grind black pepper over the steak and sear on both sides, about 6 mins in total, until cooked to your liking..
- Allow the steak to rest while you wilt the spinach in a covered pan on a low heat..
- Spoon the caponata onto 2 serving plates, top with the spinach, then slice the beef and arrange on top..
Look for celery roots that feel heavy for their size. If any greenery or stalks are discernible on the top of the Celery root does begin to brown pretty quickly once it's sliced, so immerse the steaks into a bowl of water with a squeeze of lemon juice or vinegar. capers. red onions. celery. Kalamata olives. dried oregano. fillet steaks. cooking spray. canned tomatoes. Also, cutting the celery by hand gives you neater, crisper pieces than if you use a handheld slicer or a food processor. Meanwhile, slice celery very thinly on the diagonal and put in a large bowl.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.