Soft Ginger Cookies.
You can have Soft Ginger Cookies using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soft Ginger Cookies
- Prepare 2 1/4 Cups of Plain AP Flour.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Ground Ginger.
- You need 1 Tsp of Ground Nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Ground Cloves.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Unsalted Butter (soft).
- You need 1 Cup of White Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Soft Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Black treacle (Can use Molasses).
- It’s 1 of Large Egg.
- It’s 1 Tbls of Cold Water.
- It’s 3-4 Tbls of Sugar for Coating.
Soft Ginger Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. Sift together the flour, ginger, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, and salt..
- In a large bowl, cream together the Butter and Both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and treacle. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into small sized balls – About 1.5 Tsps full. Roll them in the remaining sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly..
- Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Then Turn around the tray and bake for another 4 mins until nice and brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.