Fava beans soup. Vicia faba, also known in the culinary sense as the broad bean, fava bean, or faba bean, is a species of flowering plant in the pea and bean family Fabaceae. Add the fava beans along with their cooking liquid, saffron, and cumin. I expected the fava beans to color this soup a pale green, but the other vegetables — the carrots, leeks, turnips and onion — and especially the turmeric contribute just as much.
If the soup is too thick, add some the remaining stock to adjust the consistency. Taste the soup to check the seasoning and reseason, if needed. Before preparing the soup, bring a pot of water to boil, add beans, and cook for two minutes. You can have Fava beans soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fava beans soup
- Prepare of oil.
- You need of carrots; chopped in cubes.
- It’s of celery sticks; chopped.
- You need of garlic cloves; thinly chopped.
- Prepare of onion; chopped.
- You need of cumin.
- You need of parsley; chopped.
- It’s of dry fava beans.
- You need of hot water.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of Optional: 1 dry pasilla pepper.
- You need of Optional: olive oil for drizzling.
Remove the beans from the boiling water, cut open the beans and remove the beans inside. This fava bean soup recipe uses dried, peeled fava beans cooked and This soup is a super-simple puree topped with freshly toasted and ground (or just smashed) cumin seeds and a swirl of olive oil. This fava bean soup, or Ecuadorian locro de habas, is a hearty soup made with fava beans, potatoes, milk, eggs, cheese, onions, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, hot pepper, and cilantro. A locro is a type of thick.
Fava beans soup step by step
- Rinse the fava beans a few times and then keep them soaking in water for at least two hours..
- Heat the oil in a pot and cook the onions until soft and transparent. Add the chopped carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the rinsed fava beans, mix them and cook for 3 more minutes. If using pasilla pepper, ad half of it chopped..
- Add the *hot* water, mix, bring to a boil and then lower to simmer for about 1 hour or until the consistency is as desired. If needed, add more *hot* water..
- Add the salt to season (do not add salt until the fava beans are fully cooked), turn the heat off and add almost all the parsley and mix. Serve and add a little of extra parsley on top and optionally, a drizzle of olive oil and pasilla pepper slices..
Fava bean soup (broad beans) is flavored with what you'd expect from Egyptian Ful Nabed – cumin, smoked paprika, mint, parsley and lemon. Fava Bean Soup soup costs pennies. It also takes no time to make, but it tastes like a million bucks, much more seductive than the sum of its modest parts. Ethnic meets yuppie and gets him hooked! Called ful beans, broad beans, or fava beans, the name depends on your region; here they are pureed into a delicious and hearty vegan soup with cumin and spinach.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.