Grouper Fillets with Ginger and Coconut Curry.
You can cook Grouper Fillets with Ginger and Coconut Curry using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grouper Fillets with Ginger and Coconut Curry
- It’s 2 of grouper fillets (about 6 ounces each), skin removed.
- It’s of Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 of spring onion (or the white portion of 1 large leek).
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of minced fresh turmeric or1 teaspoon dried turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 of small carrot, peeled and julienned.
- It’s 1/4 cup of snow peas, julienned.
- You need 1/2 (13 ounce) of can full-fat coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of red curry paste, plus more if needed.
- You need 1/8 cup of cilantro leaves, for garnish.
Grouper Fillets with Ginger and Coconut Curry instructions
- Heat oven to 225 degrees..
- Season the fish generously with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high. When the oil is hot, add the fish and cook until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a baking sheet and place in the oven to keep warm while you prepare the rest of the dish..
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the skillet. Add the spring onion trimmed, cut into 2-inch segments and julienned (about 1 cup) and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the ginger and turmeric and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Add the carrot, snow peas and green peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and cover to keep warm..
- Add the coconut milk (I add some Greek yogurt to balance the sweetness of the coconut milk – 2 tablespoons and take 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk) and 1 tablespoon curry paste to the skillet, bring to a simmer over medium, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is reduced by about one-third, about 6 minutes. Whisk in more curry paste according to taste, if desired. Stir in the cooked vegetables and heat until warmed, about 1 minute..
- Divide the fish among shallow bowls. Spoon the sauce and vegetables over the fish, garnish with cilantro and serve..
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.