Jerk Mahimahi Salad with Ginger Chile Vinaigrette.
You can have Jerk Mahimahi Salad with Ginger Chile Vinaigrette using 31 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jerk Mahimahi Salad with Ginger Chile Vinaigrette
- It’s of Fish:.
- It’s 1 lb of mahimahi, cut into 4 pieces (chicken or shrimp would make a great substitute).
- It’s 1/4 cup of jerk seasoning (see below).
- Prepare 3 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 2/3 cup of unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut.
- You need of Salad:.
- It’s 8 cups of mixed greens or spinach.
- You need 2 cups of mango, cubed.
- It’s 1 cups of halved cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped basil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1 of avocado, cubed.
- You need 1/3 cup of unsweetened shredded or flaked coconut.
- You need 1 cup of blueberries.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of crushed cashews.
- You need of Chile Ginger Vinaigrette:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbs of orange juice.
- It’s 1 tbs of cider vinegar.
- You need 1 (1 inch) of knob fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1 of red fresno chile, seeded.
- You need of Freshly ground salt and pepper.
- You need of Jerk Seasoning: (Store bought works too!).
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground all-spice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of freshly ground pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
Jerk Mahimahi Salad with Ginger Chile Vinaigrette step by step
- Make the jerk seasoning by putting all the ingredients in a glass jar and shake to combine. Store the excess for future use..
- Make the fish. Sprinkle the mahimahi with jerk seasoning. Rub with 2 tbs of olive oil to coat. Press coconut onto fish to adhere..
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining tbs of olive oil over medium. When it shimmers, add the fish, and sear 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and cook for 3 to 4 more minutes more, or until flakey and opaque..
- Make the salad. In a large bowel, toss together the greens, mango, tomatoes, basil and cilantro..
- Place warm fish on the salad. Add avocado. Sprinkle the salad with coconut, blueberries, and cashews..
- Make the vinaigrette. Blend together olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, ginger, chile, and a pinch each of salt and pepper..
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and enjoy!.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.