Pickled Cucumber – Asian Cucumber Salad.
You can have Pickled Cucumber – Asian Cucumber Salad using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pickled Cucumber – Asian Cucumber Salad
- You need 4 of Persian/Japanese cucumbers.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic (grated).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of grated ginger.
- You need 1 of chili pepper or 1/2 teaspoon of chili hot oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Pickled Cucumber – Asian Cucumber Salad instructions
- Grate 2 garlic cloves.
- Grate the ginger. You’ll need about 1 tsp for this recipe..
- Cut the chili into small pieces. You can use chili oil instead of the whole chili pepper..
- To prepare the cucumber, cut off the ends first. Then cut the cucumber into 1-1/2 inches long. After that, put the cucumber into a plastic bag. And slightly smash them until the pieces slit in half..
- Transfer the cucumber to a clean bowl. Then add 1 tsp of sugar and work it into the cucumber. If the cucumber halves still stick together, you can separate them. Always make sure you add sugar in first before the rest of the seasoning. The sugar will not bring out the water inside the cucumber like salt so the cucumber will remain crispy and moist..
- Next, add 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tbsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp of vinegar, 1 tsp of sesame oil, grated garlic, grated ginger, and chili pepper. Mix everything together. Let the cucumber sit in this mixture for 30 minutes to an hour. The longer you leave it in, the more flavorful the cucumber will get..
- You can serve this pickled cucumber cold or at room temp as an appetizer. It’s also a great side dish for any meaty and heavy dish because the refreshing cucumber will cut through the grease..
- Instruction video: https://youtu.be/TYnfn6JIJew.
For Granma, I Love Cooking for Granma Recipes.